Boswellia is an Indian Herb, also known as Indian frankincense. It comes from a Boswellia tree that contains anti-inflammatory qualities. Due to its anti-inflammatory effects, it may help with inflammatory conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, and asthma.
It commonly uses as a supplement or medicine. it generally consumed for brain injury, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, joint pain, swelling of the fluid-filled pads in the joints (bursitis), and swelling of tendons (tendonitis)
What are the benefits of Boswellia Serrata?
- It is an effective anti-inflammatory which can help in treating various chronic inflammatory disorders.
- It works as an effective painkiller and may prevent the loss of cartilage.
- Boswellia appears to be effective in reducing joint pain and stiffness in joints.
- It may lessen the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) which is a progressive disease, symptoms typically get worst. It can cause severe damage to the joints and serious complications in the major organs, if not treated at early stage.
- Boswellia serrata may be effective in treating inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis (UC).
- It also used to reduce skin damage caused during radiation treatment for cancer.
- It seems to improve symptoms of ulcerative colitis in some people.
- Boswellia might help improve breathing, reduce sudden attacks, and decrease some symptoms in people with asthma.
How long does it take for Boswellia to work?
Clinical trials suggested that taking Boswellia in another supplement as an ingredient or as supplement can be effective to decrease osteoarthritis-related pain and improve physical function in the short term (1-3 months), however long term benefit has not been observed. It can reduce pain and considerably improve knee-joint functions, in some cases providing relief even within a few days.
Dosage: How much Boswellia serrata can be taken daily?
Boswellia considered to be safe. Boswellia generally consumed as a capsule, tablet, or its bark decoction orally. The suggested dosage is 300–500 milligrams (mg) by mouth 2-3 times a day. For IBD, the dosage may need to be higher. The Arthritis Foundation suggests 300–400 mg three times per day of a product that contains 60 percent boswellic acids.
Who can take Boswellia supplement?
If you are someone who is looking for supplements that can help you in relieving joint pain or stiffness, then the combination of Collagen peptide and Boswellia is very effective for you.
It is also suggested that taking Boswellia 800 mg daily after a meal improves levels of blood sugar and cholesterol in patients with type 2 diabetes.
What are the Side effects of Boswellia?
It is safe to take it in little dosage daily. Exceeding the limit may cause stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, heartburn, itching, headache, swelling, and general weakness. If you are planning to use it for skin texture; it is possibly safe for up to five weeks.
Boswellia is an active anti-inflammatory that is generally safe to consume. It can be an effective painkiller. It may prevent the loss of cartilage. Taking Boswellia supplement supports joint health by relieving pain. Some studies have found that it may even be useful in treating certain cancers, such as leukemia and breast cancer.